Call for Abstracts
The Small Media Initiative invites submission of abstracts for its 2011 Small Media Symposium to be held at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London on 8 – 9 April 2011.
AREAS OF INTEREST
The symposium, to include a conference open to the public on 8 April 2011 and closed door workshops on 9 April 2011, aims to bring together theorists and practitioners across all disciplines and sectors, including academics, activists and developers, to foster discussions about small media theory, practice and innovation.
We invite contributions by academics and practitioners on a wide range of topics and a wide range of approaches related to small media. Research, practical experience insights, product demonstrations, case studies, work-in-progress/posters, conceptual papers and proposals for workshop themes are all welcome.
POSSIBLE AREAS OF FOCUS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- small media theory: concepts and framing
- state/media dynamics
- un/successful use of small media
- promotion of small media
- distribution of small media
- sustainability of small media
- the changing nature of politics, political practice
- the role of human networks
- imagination and emotion in small media: beyond the counter-information paradigm
- organizing small media democratically: problems and challenges
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION DETAILS
The deadline for submission of an abstract (400 – 600 words) is 10 March 2011.
Abstracts can be submitted to email@example.com
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
We have a limited budget to assist with travel and accommodation costs.
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org